Sunday, April 10, 2016

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - On Your Marks Review

            Undoubtedly, the biggest moment of last year's 5th Season of MLP was when Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo finally got their Cutie Marks.  No one knew that this was even coming as it was never advertised like Alicorn Twilight in the Season 3 Finale was and yet it still happened, right on the 5 year anniversary of the show's pilot.



            After the dust settled from this monumental occasion, people began to wonder "What does this mean for the Cutie Mark Crusaders now that they've finally gotten their Cutie Marks?"  Yesterday's episode tries to answer this question and, as far as I'm concerned, does a pretty decent job in that regard.



            In this episode, we see the CMC looking for ponies who are discontent with/have forgotten the meaning of their Cutie Marks in the hopes of assisting them, but to no avail.  This eventually leads to them going off on their own to pursue their own interests, something you'd almost never see as the 3 of them have practically been inseparable ever since first meeting all the way back in Season 1.



            I found this episode to be very entertaining as it focuses on the CMC struggling to figure out what they're supposed to do now that they've finally obtained what they've been after for the show's majority.  The fact that they went off on their own pursuits I found to be a very clever metaphor for how friends at one point or another have to part ways without going too extreme.  This really spoke to me on a personal level as this past weekend I saw some friends of mine for the last time before they had to move down south.



            Another thought to add was the way that, when the CMC separated, Apple Bloom was soo focused on her own problems that she nearly missed an opportunity to help out another colt.  I feel like that teaches kids that oftentimes we need to look outside of our own little world and realize that other people have their own problems just like we do.  Also, as a side note, I liked how the show also mentioned that you can like a hobby even if it's something you're not necessarily good at as you can get better at it through practice.



            Finally, THANK THE SWEET BABY JESUS THAT WE FINALLY HAVE OUR FIRST SONG OF THE SEASON!!!!  I LOVE many of the songs that Daniel Ingram does for the show and I was patiently waiting for when the first song of Season 6 would drop.  The song that I got was a very sweet and almost melancholy number by Apple Bloom that I thoroughly enjoyed.



            In my opinion, this is a very cute and entertaining episode that any MLP fan will definitely enjoy if at all interested.  Plus there's also the possibility for a new ship (wink wink nudge nudge)!!!  LOLZ!!!  XD







            And that was my review for the latest episode of MLP and I'd like to know your thoughts about it if you've seen the episode.  Sorry that I ended up getting this review to you guys later than usual, but I've had a pretty hectic weekend with my brothers' Drama Show to seeing some friends for the last time to undergoing Security Department training at Six Flags throughout most of today.  Additionally, something that I feel I should voice now before I forget is the fact that, from Thursday night until Monday night, I'm going to be out of town at the Midwest Media Expo in Detroit and therefore won't be able to get any reviews out over the weekend until I get back, but don't worry.  I'll get them out eventually.  Until that happens though, feel free to comment below, keep loving movies and TV Shows, and I'll see you guys on the next post.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment