Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Gotham: Into The Woods (and Prisoners) Review

            The reason why this is a double review is because there wasn't enough that I could really do for the episode 2 weeks ago.  This was a bad episode.  I can't remember the last time I was soo frustrated with an episode at how painfully predictable it was.  This is literally Big Hero 6 bad in its predictability.  I called every moment, every death, and every decision that was made.



            "But David, you said that The Gift Of The Maud Pie was really predictable and yet you enjoyed that."  Yeah.  I enjoyed it because it had a nice balance of humor and heart to it and I was just having a fun time watching it, I was entertained by it.  Prisoners I didn't have a fun time watching nor did it entertain me.  This is quite possibly the first episode of Gotham that I've outright hated.



            But now that that's out of the way, let's get into the actually good episode I saw.  After being broken out of Blackgate Prison, Gordon sets about trying to get evidence to clear his name while also avoiding the police force out looking for him.  Meanwhile, Oswald is struggling with the death of his father as the rest of his family antagonizes him perpetually as they know he won't retaliate... or will he?



            After how absolutely excruciating the last episode was, this episode had a lot to prove in my opinion and, for the most part, I believe that it all worked out rather favorably.



            We get to see the lengths that Gordon is willing to go to to prove his innocence even going soo far as to steal evidence from the GCPD office.  The whole cat and mouse game he plays with the police force can prove to be rather intense and dramatic on several occasions.  Even when he gets closer to finding out who framed him, it's still nail-biting.



            Oswald's suffering with the loss of his father combined with his family's antagonistic actions toward him had me invested as I was certain that he would snap at any moment.  Watching him was like watching a ticking time bomb unsure of what might set it off and it even leads to a pretty dark climax, one of the elements of said climax including cannibalism.



            We also get to see some more interaction between Bruce and Selina as he's living on the streets, something that I would've liked to see in the previous episode, but was sorely lacking.  Not to mention Barbara's release from Arkham has me even more interested to find out what'll happen next week.







            And that was my double review of the 2 most recent episodes of Gotham and I'd like to know your thoughts if you've seen these episodes.  Feel free to comment below, keep loving movies and TV Shows, and, if I don't get my Empire review out before I leave on Thursday night, I'll see you guys when I get back from the expo next Monday night.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment