Thursday, July 30, 2015

The job hunt continues and Fiverr

           As of this past week I've been busy with trying to apply at many different jobs all over from McDonald's to D'Angelo to Geissler's to Hot Topic.  Just this afternoon, me and a friend even went to a job fair at Lego in Enfield, CT.  Hopefully these will actually turn up an actual job.  My mom told me about schools in Southwick that are hiring janitors at $19/hour.  That could be a nice job to get.  We'll see how that goes.



            In the meantime, I recently came across a website called fiverr.com.  Apparently, people on this website offer their services for $5 with add-ons costing extra.  One guy that I came across is actually offering the service of playing guitar for a song.  As a songwriter, I think that this could be particularly useful as I've been coming across several snags in my own attempts to learn guitar.  I've been trying to learn guitar for this one particular song that I wrote a little over a year ago.



            For a little backstory, I was at a convention in Detroit called The Midwest Media Expo from April 25th-27th 2014.  It was the first convention that I had ever been to and it was the first time they'd ever had this convention.  To make a long story short, there was a girl I met there by the name of Meredith, who was part of a group that were special guests at the Expo.  The 2 of us had many positive interactions during that weekend and then I had to return home.



            For the next month, I just could not stop thinking about her and so, for the first time in about 3 years, I wrote a song.  This song was all about me meeting her for the first time and everything that followed afterwards.  I haven't seen her since that day but we have talked since then, rarely though it is.  I credit Meredith as being the person who got me out of this songwriting "dry spell" so that I could write lyrics again.  My hopes were to learn guitar in order to create music for this song so that the next time I saw her I'd be able to serenade her with my song.



            I've been trying to learn guitar for over a year and haven't gotten anywhere and I'm not even sure anymore about what I want the music to be like, so now I'm thinking that it'll probably be quicker and easier to just have another person create the music for me to then sing along to when next I see Meredith.  Before I can do that though I need money, which my SSI hits tomorrow, but I need a solid job in order to get by.  Hopefully things will work out.



            So that's it for now.  I do have 4 new ideas for Top 12 Countdowns so stay tuned for news on those and until then I hope y'all have a great weekend.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment