Friday, July 17, 2015

Numero Uno

Hello Everyone.  This is my first blog entry.  I'm David Heald.  I am a singer, actor, and writer by nature as well as a major movie enthusiast.  I'm not typically very picky towards what movies I see so anything from Sci-Fi to Fantasy to Drama to Romance to Musical to Comedy to Adventure to Thriller to Horror to Action to Hand Drawn Animation to CGI to Stop Motion I'll watch as long as it catches my interest.  When it comes to movies I consider myself well versed for the most part in Disney and Tim Burton.

I also currently watch many different shows such as Once Upon A Time, Person Of Interest, Sleepy Hollow, Face Off, Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., Gotham, How To Get Away With Murder, Empire, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.  Yup.  You heard right.  I've been a Brony for about a year and a 1/3 now after first getting into the show back in February of last year.  I honestly flew through the first 3 seasons and the Equestria Girls movie all in the course of 1 month and I never looked back after that.  I'm proud to be a part of the fandom and have gotten to meet some great people as a result.  For those of you who might be wondering, Fluttershy is my favorite pony.  Has been since Season 1 and nothing's changing that.

Anyways, one of my other interests is music (not surprising seeing as I mentioned that I'm a singer) with my tastes spanning several decades and genres.  When I was growing up, my dad played a lot of his music from the 70s and 80s and I grew to like it.  From Hard Rock to Heavy Metal to R&B to Hair Metal to Disco to Pop, I grew up with a wide musical library, not to mention being a 90's kid I grew up with the music from then going all the way into the present.

As I've developed my own musical tastes, some of my favorite songs are rather different from what others might have as their favorites.  For example, I love Whitney Houston (who doesn't), but while most people would say that I Will Always Love You is their favorite song from her, mine would actually be I'm Your Baby Tonight.  KISS fans might list I Was Made For Lovin You, Detroit Rock City, Rock 'N Roll All Night, or any of those other songs as their favorite (and I'm not denying that these are great songs.  I enjoy listening to them every once in a while.), but my favorite song of theirs is What Makes The World Go Round.  Finally, many AC/DC enthusiasts would say Let There Be Rock, You Shook Me All Night Long, or even Highway To Hell is the band's best song.  But me?  Give me Thunderstruck any day.  There have even been many cases where I've just hated popular songs or artists that other people like or listened to music that other people might find unusual.  One of my musical guilty pleasures is a song called Coconut by Harry Nilsson.

It pretty much goes without saying that I'm somewhat of a nonconformist.  I don't like Movies/TV Shows/Anime/Songs/Bands/Artists just because they're popular, I like them because they connect with me in one way or another and if me liking something ends up being the unpopular opinion, I don't give a rat's ass if it is.  I have had some pretty controversial opinions in the past and even now, but I'm not backing down anytime soon.

Anyways, that's all for now.  I'll be posting new blogs throughout each week as life goes on and maybe reveal a little more about myself in the process.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment