Tuesday, July 19, 2016

New developments.

            Hey everybody.  David here sorry that it's been such a long time since I last posted here.  The reasons being that work at Six Flags has been picking up as of late and I've recently gotten back into writing other than just blog posts here.



            To further explain, a few weeks ago, I purchased James Patterson's Masterclass and have been following the lessons pretty closely with each week.  This has encouraged me to get back into writing stories.  Currently, I'm working on a new draft of my "Sci-Fi re-imagining of The Little Mermaid" and, already, I feel so much better about this version than I did with the previous one which was more minimalistic and bare-boned by comparison.  I've just enjoyed expanding and adding layers to the story.



            With that said, as I make progress with the story, I've actually been considering posting entries of it right here on my blog.  I've already gotten the Prologue and 1st chapter done, though I know that there will still need to be some adjustments before it's worthy of posting here.



            Another thing worth noting is that I recently got my learner's permit renewed about a month ago.  I had to take the computer test where you have to get 18 questions out of 25 right to pass and what it all came down to was that I had gotten 17 right, 7 wrong, and it was down to the last question to make or break me.  What's probably even more impressive was that I hadn't read the manual in several months so I was pretty much flying by my ass the whole time (but don't tell my mom that).  Now I can get on to getting my license, hopefully soon.



            Also, for those of you who might be missing my movie reviews, I can tell you right now that there's a very strong possibility that I'll have a new one for you guys come next week.  I can't say what movie it is, but I'm already super psyched to see it as it's very highly anticipated by many.



            Finally, if you've read this far, I would ask for you guys to please be praying for 2 friends of mine.  One of them you've probably heard me mention before and another that I can't remember if I've mentioned in passing yet.  First is my friend, Meredith.  She's been going through a very stressful time over the past several weeks, but it wasn't until just last week that I discovered that she's currently working 4 jobs at once.  I can't even imagine how stressful that must be as I'm still trying to find a 2nd job.



            My other friend that I'd like for you guys to pray for is named Tyler.  He's an old college buddy of mine who just recently found out that his grandfather has pancreatic cancer.  I know that both of my friends would appreciate any and all prayers at this time.



            So that's pretty much it for me.  I'll keep you guys updated on my story, work situation, and hopefully I'll be able to get a movie review or Top 12 list out in the near future.  Until then, though, I hope you all have a great rest of the week and I'll see y'all on the next post.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment