Monday, October 19, 2015

All the latest going ons.

            Hey everyone on the interwebs.  Sorry that I haven't been on in a while, but these past several days have been pretty hectic.  My family went up to Old Orchard Beach 2 Thursdays ago for the weekend and it was a pretty fun time although it was kind of frustrating that the Pier was shut down for the season which meant that I wasn't able to take part in karaoke.  This was especially frustrating seeing as, the last time we were up, there the Pier wasn't doing karaoke until the exact same day that we were heading back home.  DAMMIT!!!!!!!!



            Aside from that, I got to hang out with a good buddy of mine from college for the first time in about a year.  We went and saw Hotel Transylvania 2 and laughed our asses off.  I've also been doing a lot of reading lately.  Just this past Tuesday, I got Dark Tide in the mail, the 3rd book in the WaterFire Saga, and I had it completely finished by Wednesday afternoon.  Another book I've been reading was one that I actually got from a bookstore up in Old Orchard Beach called Make Me A Star from Anastasia Brown, a judge on the short-lived Nashville Star.  I've found that it has a lot of great information regarding the music industry from many great acts like Heart, Matt Nathanson, Keith Urban, and Kelly Clarkson just to name a few.



           An idea that I just thought of recently when I was watching a reaction video to the latest Equestria Girls movie and watching some Schmoes Know videos on YouTube was the possibility of doing movie reviews on my blog.  I don't necessarily have that much money to do like every movie that comes out as I'm still trying to find a job (more on that later), but I figure that I could probably start off small and work my way up from there.  Maybe I could even review episodes of TV Shows I watch.



            Currently, though, my job search hasn't been that productive.  About 2 weeks ago I found out that GameStop was hiring so I filled out an application and turned it in the next day.  But then when I called back last week to follow up on it, the hiring manager said that they had already filled all the positions at a job fair that happened a month ago.  That was frustrating.  I also checked in with Hot Topic and they hadn't started hiring people yet.  I'm still willing to give them some time to square that away.



            Another thing to worry about is all the upcoming birthdays and Christmas.  Most of my family's birthdays are clumped pretty close together.  My dad's is November 30th, mine is December 12th, my mom's is the day after on the 13th, one of my brothers' is the week after on the 19th, then there's Christmas, and finally my sister's birthday on January 24th.  I'm in such desperate need for a job that it's not even funny.  After Six Flags closed for the season last year on November 2nd, I didn't go back this past April for personal reasons and have been looking for a job ever since.  Hell, even before the season ended I was still job searching.



           It really is a pain in the ass that I haven't been able to find a new job in almost a year and I'm running out of options.  I could really use some prayers right now as I continue the job quest.  But anyways, what would your guys' thoughts be about me featuring movie reviews on my blog?  Please feel free to leave a comment below on what you think about it and I appreciate you guys taking the time to read my rambling.  Anyways, hope you guys have a great week and I'll catch you on the flipside.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment